Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Brody's Santa Visit

Last year Brody loved sitting in Santa's lap, but this year I really didn't think he would go for it since he doesn't do so great with strangers.  But...he proved me wrong and LOVED Santa! My mom and I took him to the Santa in the mall on a Monday morning and thankfully we were the only ones there.  The Santa was super sweet and took a lot of time letting B warm up to him before we sat him in his lap and he was a smart Santa, too...he had candy in his hand the whole time! :) 

My baby toddler in Christmas PJs with Santa....

I wish I knew what Santa was telling him! Apparently, he thought it sounded pretty good!


I know that many families choose not to do Santa with their kids because they believe it is lying to them or taking the true meaning away from Christmas.  Danny and I both want Brody to understand the true meaning of Christmas...the precious gift of Jesus Christ.  Already this year, he has a nativity in his room he can play with and we talk all about it and read his nativity story book to him. I am so thankful to be a part of a church that truly invests in our preschoolers and teachers them from birth about Jesus.  But at the same time, we want Brody to love Santa as much as we did growing up and we don't seem too scarred from it :) The spirit of Christmas is giving just as God gave us the perfect gift and Santa's spirit is one of giving, too. I think it has to be a choice for each family just like so many other things in life.  My prayer is that Brody will grow up loving his Savior, loving to give, and loving Christmas as much as we do!

1 comment:

  1. So cute!! I'm hoping Joshua does ok with Santa. He doesn't do so great with strangers either. We shall see. :) We tie in the Christmas story with Santa by having Santa only bring 3 gifts, just like the wisemen brought 3 gifts to Jesus. It works for our family and cuts down on the materialistic nature of Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete