Wednesday, April 25, 2012

An overdue update

I realized the other day at the grocery store that I have stopped describing Brody's age in months.  When someone asks me how old he is, my response is "he'll be 2 in June."  I'm not really sure when we made the transition from saying he is ___ months to almost 2, but I think it came way too soon.  It also made me realize that he has changed so much since I did an update post on him.  So here goes...


Stats: I'm not sure of his height, but I know he is getting really tall, really fast.  At his last appointment he had actually lost a little weight and was down to 29 lbs, 12oz. He wears 2T clothing, size 7 shoe, and a size 5 diaper.  Not that we are even beginning to think about potty training, we have been putting him on the potty before his bath each night to prevent him peeing in the tub and he has peed every night! He even pooped one night! haha He thinks its so funny! He said "bye bye poopoo" and flushed the toilet.  He still sleeps like a champ (12 hours at night, 2-2.5 hour nap each day).  

 

Eating: We used to brag about how Brody would eat ANYTHING! He has gotten a little pickier, but overall is still a pretty good eater and wants to eat ALL DAY LONG. He ate clams yesterday which really surprised us all!  His favorites right now are fruit bars, bacon, strawberries, carrots, tomatoes, chicken, fries, green beans, chips (I know I know- not a good favorite!), and applesauce. He uses a spoon and a fork, but can still be pretty messy. When we sit down to eat and say the blessing he folds his hands and gets the biggest grin when he says amen!


Language/Play: The boy loves to play and loves it when someone will play with him. He plays really well with other kids and is always wanting his friends to come over. He has started asking for them by name which I think is too cute! He shares pretty well for an almost two year old, but can definitely get possessive at times. His favorite toys right now are trains, balls, blocks, books, his ride on Buzz, bubbles, cars, and sidewalk chalk. He's talking more and more everyday and it is so fun to hear him say new words/phrases.  Common phrases "I get it, I drop it, I big boy, Hold you, Let's eat, Go bye bye, I see ____, I got booboo." He can name almost any family member, animal, food, or toy and is getting better at telling the differences between things like helicopter and airplane, bus and truck, etc. My favorite phrase of all to hear him say is "I love you!" sounds like "I luz uuu."He also says "Jesus" in the sweetest voice you have ever heard. Being able to communicate has helped so much with temper tantrums, but he still has them and they are not pretty! ha!  The nursery at church is hit and miss- sometimes he does great, other times not so much.  He is 100% boy and lets you know when things are not going his way.  Case in point...he didn't want his picture made on the step... 



Motor skills: Brody's fine motor skills have always been right on target, but he was a late developer in areas such as crawling and walking.  We even had him evaluated around his first birthday, but the therapists felt like he was just more focused on talking than moving.  He walked around 17 months and has not slowed down since.  He RUNS most places these days.  All that worry for nothing... He still is working on some things; he just learned to walk and not crawl up/down the stairs this month. Now he is trying to learn to jump- it's hilarious! He leaps up with his body but his feet never leave the ground.  He is quite the dancer and is starting to climb some.  Thankfully, he hasn't made an attempt to climb out of his crib yet.

We are loving this little toddler and enjoying outside time as much as we can.  I am working on his second birthday party- a train theme- his favorite! Time flies when you are having fun....







No comments:

Post a Comment