When I decided to become a stay at home mom, I thought my days would be just like a long term vacation. Ha! Any SAHM knows our days are far from that. Don't get me wrong- I would not trade being at home right now for any job or opportunity in the world. I know that this is where God wants me to be right now and I feel so blessed to spend my days with Brody. But...spending all day, every day with a strong willed two year old can sometimes be a little trying to say the least :). Yet, tucked away amidst those trying days, I feel like God sends little moments that make all the trying ones worth it. As Brody sat in my lap last night a few minutes before bath and bedtime, he looked out the window and said "Ahh (as in a gasp)." He then starts pointing out the window yelling "colors, colors..." This is what he saw:
I guess it was the first time he had noticed a rainbow outside of a book. I explained to him that it was a rainbow and he went on to say "rainbow...like Noah boat." It was such a sweet moment. I love seeing him experience new things and get so excited. It was also just a little glimpse of how God is already preparing his heart by planting bible stories in his mind (thank you CFBC preschool and a Daddy who reads to him nightly from his toddler bible!). It is the small things that make the bigger picture look so much sweeter...I hope I am willing to slow down enough to not miss them all!
No comments:
Post a Comment