Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Late (and lengthy) Christmas Post

Well Christmas came and went much faster than we would have wanted.  This year was extra special for us because not only was it Brody's first Christmas....we had snow!!!! It is the first time in over 100 hundred years that this area has had enough snow to be recorded as a "white" Christmas.  It was such a beautiful reminder that God sent his son on Christmas day to wash us white as snow.


We started the celebration on Christmas Eve with finishing up our cookies for Santa and a visit from our friends, the Wingo family.  I know of many of our friends don't believe in teaching their kids about Santa and I think it is a decision that every family has to do what is best for them.  Danny and I both grew up loving Santa and understanding the true meaning of Christmas, which is what we want for Brody.





Pops and MiMi came over that afternoon with a special early gift for Brody.  Every little boy needs a rocking horse!  Soon after that, Danny had to be at church to rehearse for the Christmas Eve service. 


I really wish I had pictures of the Christmas Eve service. I think it was my favorite part of the entire holiday.  There is nothing that compares to singing Silent Night by candlelight with your family and your church family.  I was glad that most of us got to to be there, but we missed Danny's parents.  After the service, we headed back to our house for chili and gifts with our nephews.







We woke up the next morning and let Brody see the stash that Santa had left for him.  We did not think he would be interested, but we were wrong.  He was so excited!! 


We then headed to Rome (all still in our new jammies) for our traditional Christmas breakfast at my parents' house. The snow began to fall along the way.  It really felt like we were in a snow globe! Of course, there were more gifts for Brody-I have no idea where we are going to put it all!


This is a real breakfast of champions!



That afternoon the roads were still clear so we headed to Danny's moms for finger foods and MORE gifts! What a spoiled family we are!





By this point, Brody was beyond exhausted. He did not like the idea of taking a nap with so much excitement, but we still made one more stop by the Swanson's before heading to my parents house to spend the night. Church was called off for Sunday due to snow so we decided just to spend the night.  We are still recovering from all the excitement and trying to get our house back to normal! Brody also turned 6 months old on Christmas day, but that's a post for another day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment