Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tis the Season!

It is Tuesday and I think we are still recovering from the busiest weekend that we have had in a long time! I took Brody to my mom on Friday afternoon where her and I did some quick shopping at the mall before I had to head back home.  My parents kept Brody from Friday afternoon until late Sunday so I am sure they are still in recovery mode, too! When I got home, Danny and I both started cooking and getting ready for our Worship Arts Christmas party at church. We ate way too much and had a quick rehearsal for our Christmas program.  One of the team members is leaving to intern with the youth so he had a going away cake..iPhone style..I mean, how cute is this cake?


We got home late Friday and were up early on Saturday to head to rehearsal.  When finished, we headed south into the crowds for some Christmas shopping.  Danny absolutely hates...I mean LOATHES shopping so for him to go shopping two weeks before Christmas on a Saturday was a huge sacrifice.  He was a good sport, but we still did not get much accomplished.  I am usually done with my shopping by black Friday, and today, 11 days until Christmas...I have only ONE gift under my tree...ahhh!

Saturday night, we had a progressive dinner party with our ABF class.  We had way too much food again and so much fun.

As far as Adam goes in this picture, all we can say is, his wife was unable to come due to their little girl being sick and this is what happens we he is unsupervised. 


On Sunday, we went to church that morning and had our Night of Worship in the evening.  It was a great night, but we were so eager to get home and see our little guy...oh, how we missed him this weekend!

Yesterday, poor Danny had to go to work in the freezing weather, but Brody and I just stayed inside where it was nice and warm.  Last night, we got to meet sweet baby boy, Price! It was so surreal holding this tiny little baby and thinking that Brody was this small only a few months ago.  

What a great weekend with good friends! This is such a busy season, so we are trying to take it all in and remember the real reason we celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment