Friday, May 25, 2012

The days of our life...

We have entered into the lazy days of summer here in the south, which means most days consist of no make up, sunscreen, park/pool time, and later bed times. June is almost here and Brody will be two before we know it.  Since most of our life is captured through iPhone pics I wanted to post a few random pictures from late spring/early summer before we go into full time summer mode.


We had a nasty stomach big hit our house (Rotavirus), but Brody handled it like a champ and took full advantage of the spoiling that comes along with being sick. Here is in Daddy's chair with full control of the remote.

We went to a local high school baseball game and Brody wore purple for the first time.  We are still undecided about school in the future, but Brody would go to this school if we choose public  (one of our high school rivalry's growing up).  His daddy wasn't so sure he liked seeing him support the Canes :).


Danny's Father's day gift came a little early since he needed new golf shoes for a spring tournament he played in. Brody loved this huge golf ball and threw one of those embarrassing public temper tantrums when we walked away from it into the store. 


Watching for birds and dogs out the bonus room window with his friend, Kinsey. This kept them entertained forever!


He wants to be just like his daddy!


As summer heats up, it was time to pack all of B's winter clothes away.  I started on the first box and went downstairs to grab some packing tape (less than 30 seconds probably). I came back upstairs to find this wild man had dumped all the clothes out and climbed into the box.  I posted on FB, "good thing he is so cute!"


One of Brody's favorite places to go his Home Depot.  He refuses to call it "Home" Depot though- it's just "the depot" to him. His favorite thing to do there is sit on the riding lawnmowers out front. This trip was extra fun though because he got to go for a fun ride.  We were the bad parents that completely ignored the big yellow sticker that says "do not let children ride." Who can resist that smile?


Brody LOVES his cousin, Will.  They helped me make cupcakes for small group this week, but licking the icing was their favorite part. 



I saw this quote the other day and thought it was so true. "The days are long, but the years fly by."  Sometimes I am so ready for bedtime because days can be exhausting with a toddler and first trimester of pregnancy, but I am so thankful that I get to spend my days at home playing with Brody. These past two years have definitely flown by even if some of the days seemed they would never end.  My prayer is that I don't just survive the years with little ones, but that I cherish them and slow down enough to appreciate the most amazing gift they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment