Saturday, September 15, 2012

Closing out summer...

Summer is one of my favorite times of the year.  I love flip flops, the beach, swimming, laid back summer evenings at home, and all that goes along with it minus the heat while pregnant. :) I can't believe summer is coming to a close already.  There are signs of Fall all around us, but we are soaking up one more week of sumner fun.  I am writing this post from my in-laws home in the sunshine state.  We are visiting for the weekend and then heading off to the beach with my parents for the remainder of the week.  When we return I plan on decorating for Fall, planning pumpkin patch trips, and hopefully making some progress in Brody's big boy room and Adley's nursery.  We have lots of fun things planned this Fall and I know it will be Christmas before we know it and we will be welcoming our sweet girl...wow time is flying this go round! Before we say goodbye to summer I wanted to post a few more pics from my phone (who has time for the real camera?!?!) from the past few weeks.


Brody started Puggles a few weeks ago at church.  It is the two year old program from Awana and he LOVES it! He gets so excited when we get this shirt out because he knows it is Puggles night.  His class is huge and we are so thankful for Hannah, Adam, Kristen, Brandi, and Elizabeth (his teachers) because it is not an easy job! He is learning God's truths and we hope those seeds being planted will remain in his heart.  Also- I am so hesitant to type this in fear of jinxing it- ha!, since he started Puggles he has been doing GREAT at drop off even on Sunday mornings and Thursday morning for bible study.  I hope this continues!

We went to the fair in our town with some of Brody's best buddies! Our neighborhood is up on a hill and this fair is at the park that sits at the bottom of our hill so we passed it for several days before we went.  He was so excited about going to ride rides and daily would tell me "I ride, Kinsey hold you"- meaning he wanted to ride but wanted Kinsey to hold him- ha! He loved all the rides and of course, the cotton candy.  This is definitely going to be a yearly tradition.  The weather was perfect, the crowd was small, and the friendships being made we hope will last a lifetime.  I love each of the kiddos so much and their mommas and daddies! And to think we were missing 4 kiddos, one baby was born 2 days after this was taken and we are adding 4 more by March!- to say we will be outnumbered by kids is an understatement :)


I have been trying to let Brody be a little more "crafty" lately.  We have painted several times, but I think this was his favorite.  Of course the idea came from Pinterest (like so many of our other crafts).  I taped his name with masking tape and let him finger paint over it.  He had a blast and it turned out so cute.  It's hanging up in his room and he is so proud of it.  Thankfully we did this on one of the warmer days where he could still be hosed off when done. Clean up is going to be a little more difficult this winter. 


We have watched lots of football already.  Brody loves his Seminoles and Tigers-win or lose, but I am definitely enjoying watching FSU play so well this year.  I don't think this is going to be the year for Auburn, but B wears his orange with a smile anyway :) Maybe we'll attempt some tailgating this year, but I think we'll save his first game for next year.


Our boy LOVES LOVES LOVES dogs- all sizes, all kinds! He always wants to pet them and love on them so he was beyond excited when we got to dogsit for almost a week for some friends.  This sweet dog is old and would much rather just be left alone but was gracious and put up with B following him around and hugging on him the entire we had him. Brody cried and cried when it was time to take him home. I know he needs a dog, but I think potty training and feeding one living thing is enough for the time being :) Maybe one day, B!



We are looking forward to this week of relaxation and family time! 

1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on your blog and LOVE all that was said about the day at the fair! Great friends and....we better make a game plan for when there are 16 kids!!!

    ReplyDelete