Saturday, June 11, 2011

Family Time

We love spending time with our families and don't get to spend near as much time as we would like, so we made the most of this beautiful Saturday.  My parents had a cookout today at their pool with us, my uncle Chris (dad's brother) and his kids, and the "other" Parkers (Danny's brother's family). Out of all the kids there are five boys (soon to be six when our newest nephew arrives) and one girl. Poor Shelby would love to have some girls to play with, but she can definitely hold her own around all these boys!  We started the day with some time in the pool.



Brody didn't last too long in the pool because it was a little too rowdy and close to nap time for him so I didn't get any pics of Shelby and Connor swimming, but when I looked out the window I saw all five of the "big" kids being thrown all sorts of ways by Danny and Josh so I think fun was had by all of them!

We had a very typical summer pool dinner complete with hot dogs and corn on the grill, chips, berries, and ice cream! My mom always has to sit at the kiddie table per the kids' orders. :)


Brody enjoyed his first ice cream sandwich with way more on his hands, face, and floor than in his mouth!


After a quick rain shower the kids were ready to get back to playing.  The rain really cooled things off and made for a perfect evening outside.


I love the ketchup faces in these next few shots!

Austin

 Connor

 Will

 Shelby

Justin- He told me this was his strongman pose :)

and Brody (who looks way too big in this picture- where did our baby go???)

Talking game strategy...

He loves the girls... (two black labs)


 and his MiMi!

Fun family time!


Absolutely priceless!

I think he might love his Pops a little bit, too...


Thanks mom and dad for hosting all of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment