Saturday, July 16, 2011

My iPhone tells our story

When the iPhone was first released my tech savvy hubby just had to have one.  It was summertime and we didn't have any kids at this time so me being like the most awesome wife ever waited in line for 13- yes THIRTEEN hours at Lennox Square to get him the iPhone.  He actually met me at the mall when he got off work and waited the last 6 or so hours with me which was wonderful because we took turns looking around the mall, getting food, potty breaks, etc.  We met some really interesting people in line around us, too.  When it was finally our turn to get the phone (this was around 11 pm- the rest of the mall was closed), they pulled up our account and said that since I received a discount on our cell phone bill for being a teacher, I had to buy an iPhone at an actual AT&T store- can you just imagine the frustration at this point?!?! We laugh about it now, but we were not laughing that night for sure! He ended up getting his phone a few days later and I was thinking to myself just how crazy we were to pay that much for just a "phone", then when I was up for a new phone, I got one and it all made sense.  I really do love my phone and feel so lost without it.  The reason I love it so much right now is the camera.  We are so busy all the time and between carrying around a 25lb baby, diaper bag, and all the other stuff, the last thing I want is a huge camera.  I do love my camera, too and we make sure to have it for the "big" events, but my phone is great for just capturing day to day life.  I love looking back through my pictures from time to time and feel it really does sort of document our story.  Here are a few recent ones.

The greatest thing about having a sprinkler system- free entertainment! And even the one with the broken arm can participate :)

How stinkin' cute is this outfit? Thank goodness for friends who can sew.

 We officially have a crawler (rolling and scooting use to be his favorite mode of transportation) that is into EVERYTHING! His favorite phrase to say is "no no" because he hears it about one thousand times a day!

We went to the pool this week with some friends and Brody woke up from nap time with dried, sunscreen hair- he looks like he does not appreciate me sharing.

B fed himself spaghetti for the first time this week.  He feeds himself really well, but I was too chicken to try spaghetti before now because I had envisioned a huge mess.  He actually did really well! Nothing like some grapes with your pasta ;)

Those of you that know him well, know that he does not sit still unless asleep so we were shocked that one night this week, he just floated calmly around the pool.  The weather was cloudy and the pool water felt more like a hot tub so I guess he thought it was time to relax.

Same crafty friend that made his outfit, made this towel for his birthday.  Danny says I really need to take lessons from her.  

I left him in the breakfast room for 10 seconds yesterday so I could brush my teeth and before I knew it, I heard a door slam (which I was expecting to be followed by screaming) but instead this is what I find. He loved the sound of slamming the door and was cracking up at himself. Time to do some baby proofing!

The quality isn't great and these pics probably won't make the scrapbook, but I love that they help me remind of what we did amidst the chaos because I am too exhausted at the end of the day to remember on my own. :)

1 comment:

  1. I think that same friend should teach me too. I wonder what she used to cut out those letters on the towel.

    ReplyDelete