Monday, October 10, 2011

Burt's, The Falls, and Apple Pie

Ahh...how I love Columbus Day....a day off for my hubby in the beautiful Fall season! We chose to use Danny's day off to to go to the North Georgia mountains for some family time.  B started feeling rough last night, so we didn't know if we were going to make it, but he was such a trooper.  I'm hoping he is over the worst of it, but based on his cough (and the fact that he has been asleep for almost three hours), I'm afraid a trip to the doctor is in our near future. However...today he just loved being a little boy surrounded by huge pumpkins, which he still calls balls! 

We started the day at Burt's and Brody loved playing in the big pumpkins! They were so much bigger than him last year, but not now :( He's growing up too fast!





Leave me alone Mommy, I'm playing!


He discovered that pumpkins make excellent drums!

Family photo on the hayride


More playtime with pumpkins....


He LOVED the apple cider, 


but was not a fan of the pumpkin roll!


Loving on the pumpkin :)

Picnic time at Amicalola Falls



Beautiful view while we ate




And for the ride home.... an apple pie from BJ Reece!


It was a perfect fall day! Can't wait to visit again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment