Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Tour

I am linking up with Kelly's Korner today for a Christmas Tour of our house.  Decorating for Christmas was so much fun this year because this is our first Christmas in our new house and the first Christmas that Brody really gets to enjoy the decorations. I was nervous that a 17 month old and Christmas breakables wouldn't mix very well, but overall he has done great not messing with stuff.  He loves to look at the "trees" and "lights" (2 new words of his this month). We are very blessed because we really didn't buy many of our decorations.  Most were given to us by our family (Danny's stepmom worked for Home Interiors and their stuff is so cute!) and friends and a lot are hand me downs or things I made. We definitely realized that decorating our new house takes a lot more than our townhouse, so I will be looking for some after Christmas deals for sure. I tried to take these pictures early in the morning because it is my favorite time to enjoy them!

Welcome to our home!

I have always wanted a banister to decorate! I love lighted garland.


Tree #1- the "fancy" tree, nothing sentimental, but I love the colors.


It is crazy the difference a year makes! I hope to keep this tradition up and frame B's Santa pic every year. 


Our nativity...At our house we love Santa, Christmas lights, presents, etc, but we know the true meaning of Christmas is Christ's birth and we are so thankful for the greatest gift of all- Jesus! Our goal is to celebrate Him everyday of the year.


You can't have Christmas without mistletoe! Brody loves to squeeze mine and Danny's heads together for us to kiss...wonder how long it takes him to get over that ?? :)



Our dining room table 


Part of my village that I put up in the kitchen


Danny does not like my Cracker Barrel decoration, but this southern girl loves it! ...And I heard that Lowe's has a Chick-Fil-A- hint, hint, Danny :) 


Tree #2- our living room "family" tree. This tree has ornaments that are special to us like the ones Danny's grandmother made for him (and me once I came along) and the Hallmark ones that my parents gave to me (and Danny once he came along) each year. We also try to get an ornament from every place we visit to put on this tree.


I love getting Christmas cards each year and Brody loves looking at them and trying to find his friends!


I only put a few decorations upstairs, but I always put a tree in Brody's room.  I didn't take any pictures of it because even though he is great about not touching our stuff, he loves to play with his tree and has turned it over at least three times! Thankfully it is only 4ft tall so it doesn't hurt him, but it makes all the ornaments fall off so it doesn't look so hot right now.  His tree is  a"sports" tree with many Auburn and Florida State ornaments (gotta love a house divided)! 


I start decorating in the beginning of November because it takes me forever to get it done while chasing Brody at the same time, but I love it once it is done. My goal is to take it down before New Year's since Danny is off that week, but knowing him he will want to leave it up as long as possible.  He wouldn't admit it, but he loves it just as much as I do!

Merry Christmas from the Parker's!


1 comment:

  1. All of your decorations are adorable & the little touches you put on your new home are great! I also love the "Santa & Me" picture frames! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete