As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD! Joshua 24:15
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Big Boy Bed
I think the Lord knows exactly what he is doing when he gives us children and we are so thankful that he gave us a GREAT sleeper the first go round. Once Brody hit 3 months, night time and nap time have been so easy with him. The boy loves to sleep and will even ask to go to bed sometimes. So, we were so hesitant to take his crib away and make him a big boy bed. We knew that we needed to make the transition well before Adley arrived so we took the plunge and last night was his first night in his big boy bed. We've been talking about it for a few weeks now and getting his room ready. He loves his new paint colors and my goal this weekend is to get everything up on the walls for his new sports theme. As Danny was putting his bed together last night, Brody was the most excited I think I have ever seen him. He was running in circles upstairs and laughing hysterically. He rocked with Danny as always before we laid him down and then I laid in his bed with him for less than a minute when he said "I go night night now." He did say "hold you" as I was walking out the door, but he would do that a lot even in his crib. Once I shut the door he laid down and we never heard a peep from him again until his normal wake up time around 8:30. He was in his bed talking all about footballs and basketballs. :) Maybe the transition is going to be easier than we thought!
We took some pictures of him the last night he slept in his crib and some the first night in his bed before bath time.
This is how he sleeps each night and still slept this way in the big boy bed. Horizontal on his side, sucking his thumb.
I snapped this as I left the room. He loves his snuggle time with Daddy each night and I LOVE this picture!
So excited about his new bed!!!
This was taken with my phone so the quality isn't great, but it shows his excitement!
No comments:
Post a Comment