I had the opportunity to escape to Nashville with six (and a tiny pint- the sweet baby in the back of the pic sleeping in her carrier) of my favorite girls a couple of weekends ago. I had never been to Nashville and although it was fun seeing a new place, it was the company that I truly enjoyed. Our men and grandparents chipped in to keep the kiddos and we were so grateful. The odds of our schedules all working out had to be a gift from God and one we were so thankful for. I met most of these girls only a little over two years ago, but it seems like I've known them forever. Our common strand- Jesus! They all love the Lord and encourage me so much in my walk and my role as wife and mommy. We laughed and ate and then laughed, shopped, and ate some more. Just like a girls' weekend should be- I don't think there was any moment of silence unless we were all asleep. We talked about everything from shoes to deep spiritual issues. Of course, we all missed our hubbys and kiddos, but it was such a great escape for a couple of days.
I wasn't kidding about eating...this is mine and Ashley's plates from the Pancake Pantry.
Of course, we had to bring home treats for all the kids.
Trying on boots for fun!
And on Sunday morning we attended an amazing church service. It was a great way to end our weekend.
So...where are we going next year???? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment