Tuesday, March 29, 2011

9 months old


I know I say it every month, but I can just not believe how fast our baby boy is growing up.  He turned nine months old on Friday, but he had his official 9 month doctor appointment yesterday so I wanted to wait for his stats before writing this post.  

Height: 29 1/4 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 23lbs 6oz (80th percentile)

He was in the mid 90 percentiles at his 6 month appointment, so he is starting to slow down a little bit which the doctor said was very normal for this age.

This past month went by so fast so it is hard to think of many "new"skills, but he does have a few.  He has added to his vocabulary this month and now says "dada, mama, ball, uh oh, momo (for Elmo), and nana." He loves making the "p" sound and panting like a dog.  And speaking of dogs...they are his favorite! Thank goodness our family and friends have lots of dogs because I am just not ready for the responsibility of training a new dog, but I am sure it is coming at some point.  He loves to watch dogs and "pet" them.  Unfortunately, his "petting" is more like "slapping" so good thing we are always around sweet dogs who don't seem to mind.  Last month, he was a Daddy's boy, but since his surgery he has been super clingy to me.  

He does not like for us to leave him alone in a room anymore unless it is in his crib for nap time or bedtime. He is still such a great sleeper which I am so thankful for.  He sleeps 12-13 hours a night and takes two 1-1.5 hour naps each day.  He still has a love for all things Elmo and any toys that make noise.  His favorite thing to do is to be outside so we are ready for this rainy week to pass so we can get back outside! 

He has already cut four teeth and has two more about to come in.  It is still a little bit of a struggle to get him to take his bottle sometimes, but we never have trouble getting him to eat his solids.  He has had too many foods to list and hasn't turned his nose up at any of it (except cheese grits and I think it was the texture).  I am still making his baby food purees and he has started some finger foods. He eats two solid meals a day and takes four bottles. 

He is getting up on his hands and knees and pushing backwards, but still doesn't have crawling down and is super frustrated that he can't always get where he wants to be.  I think he will get it down pat soon and will be all over the place! Here are few pictures from this month.
Ready for church:

 He can make some pretty funny faces:

 With his Pops and MiMi:

He is getting so long!

He loves to swing!

Our attempt at a family photo...

Happy 9th month, Brody!


No comments:

Post a Comment