I am slowly trying to get pictures of our new house onto our blog for our out of town family to see and for us to look back on once we have made some changes. One change we have made since our last post is the painting above our mantle. As soon as we saw it, I knew it was exactly what I had been looking for. Sometime down the road when Brody and any future kiddos we have are a little older we will put our flat screen above the mantle and purchase new furniture, but given that is several years down the road the empty space desperately needed something. My favorite part is that we got an EXCELLENT deal on it...I love a good deal! We still need window treatments and a paint job in this room.
Off of the living room is a hallway with a half bath and laundry room that leads to the garage. All the decor in the half bath is black and white and it is going to be one of the first rooms we paint. The plan is to paint it red and I think it will look so good. (Even if it is UGA colors- blah!) My favorite feature in here is this pedestal sink.
Right beside the half bath is the laundry room. Danny and his brother, Josh, built the stands for my washer and dryer and while I love them being up higher, it prevents me from reaching the storage space up above them so the only thing left to do in here is to add some shelving to the side of the dryer.
We really love having our master bedroom on the main floor. I just hope our next baby is as good of a sleeper as Brody is because I know that could be a problem, but for now it works great for us. We love being able to grab anything we need from our bedroom without having to go upstairs like we did in our townhouse. We have several things left to do in this room. The plan is to paint the walls a blue "ish" gray, get window treatments, find something for above our bed, and hide the tv cords behind the wall. Whew...it might be a bit for this room is finished. I also don't love the bookshelf in here so we are still debating about whether it stays or goes. The original plan was to have the chest of drawers there, but it is too wide, so it has to be in the corner.
I can't believe I am posting pictures of my so unorganized closet, but it is motivation to get it looking good for a future post :). I take up about 2/3 of the closet and Danny gets what is left behind the door. Another need is a gun case, which will be looking into very soon as Brody starts moving around.
That's all for downstairs..Now, I need to get busy on taking pictures of the upstairs.





Courtney I love seeing your new home come together!! I always love seeing how people decorate!! It looks amazing, I dont know how you have found time to accomplish so much so fast!!! Beautiful!!
ReplyDelete