Monday, March 21, 2011

It's Spring in the South!

We had a great weekend enjoying the excellent spring weather we love in the south.  Danny had to give a talk to some chemistry students at UWG on Friday afternoon.  When he called to let me know he was there and I asked if anything had changed and his response was "yep...I am getting old.."  He gives this talk every year and he said the students stay the same, but he always feels older.  He was getting home late, so my mom and dad came down and we went to a yummy local joint for dinner on the patio.  The weather was great and the food was even better.  Brody enjoyed tasting everyone' s meal and entertained the people sitting around us by talking to them and showing off his new trick--sticking his tongue out.  As we were about to leave our friends, The McCowns, came to eat and were able to join us for a few minutes! We can't wait for their baby boy Ryker to arrive soon; I know him and Brody will be big buddies! You can see the kind of table we sat at in the picture below that Brody loved. He liked seeing his bare feet under there.

Saturday morning I went to a consignment sale and a few stores in search for Brody some new jammies- he is soooo long and is growing out of everything quickly.  Later in the day, Danny and Josh went to Rome to get a bedroom suit my parents gave us for our guest room while I stayed with Amber and the boys.  I took the boys around the block for a walk and Justin really enjoyed pushing Brody while Austin and Will rode their bikes.  While we were out walking, a policeman drove by and Austin and Justin began to wave as Will stuck his tongue out at him..ha! Maybe Will is the one who taught Brody his new trick...


Saturday night, Jarrett came to spend the night with us so Danny decided to just hang out with him instead of going to the Sportsman dinner at church.  Since a lot of the guys were there, some of us girls got together to eat and go for a walk.  I wish I had a picture of us with all of our jogging strollers.  I'm so excited to watch all these "babies" grow up together.

Sunday was "Come Together" (aka High Attendance Sunday) at church and all the kiddos had to wear a certain color.  Brody's class wore blue and he was so cute!  Since our class has gotten so big (we had 51 on Sunday), our class had to split and our church now has a newly/nearly married class that I know will continue to grow just as our class has.  We had a great lesson yesterday about Peter walking on water.  It gave me a totally different perspective on the story and food for thought this week! And speaking of food...we had a great lunch after church on the grounds.  Typical southern baptist goodness- fried chicken, green beans, potatoes, bread, sweet tea and cookies and ice cream for dessert :)


That afternoon, Mark and Susan came down to get Jarrett and brought us an awesome housewarming gift- a Keurig coffee maker...woohoo!  We hung out all afternoon and then ended the weekend with a yummy dinner.  I wish we had a few more days left in the weekend, but it's time to get busy with my long to do list for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment