Monday, May 9, 2011

My 1st "official" Mother's Day

My two favorite boys spoiled me rotten yesterday for my first "official" mother's day! We celebrated a little bit last year, too because we were anxiously awaiting the arrival of our baby boy.  Danny started the weekend off by bringing home roses in my favorite colors on Friday afternoon.


His parents were here visiting from Florida for the weekend so Saturday was spent going to soccer games for our nephews, Danny, Josh, and his dad shooting, and a family dinner.  Brody is always excited to have his cousins over to play.  He always laughs his hardest when they are around.  When we add boy #5 (by my sis-in-law-NOT ME! :) this fall it's really going to be wild!

Danny woke up on Sunday and made me breakfast and surprised me with the sweetest card (the note inside was the best part) and then we headed to church where we got to participate in the baby parade.

Some of Brody's buddies were in the parade, too. These were just some of the ones we have pictures of.  We are so blessed to be a part of a church that Brody will have so many kids to grow up with. The line was pretty long with all the sweet babies! 

Liam

Ryker


Price


Once everyone had paraded our pastor prayed for all of our families. Brody hasn't learned that a good baptist closes their eyes while praying :)

Our family grabbed a quick lunch after church so Danny's parents could head back to Florida, but we did get to take a few pictures before they left.





Unfortunately, Danny's mom had to work and my mom and dad are on a cruise so we didn't get to see all of our family.  My mom was crushed when she realized they would be gone on mother's day, but I know they are having a great time!  

I am so thankful that God has given me the amazing gift of being Brody's mommy. I have the best mommy and I hope to show Brody the love she shows me.  This is the hardest job that I have ever done, but it also brings me the greatest joy.  I am also so thankful for the greatest husband who loves our family with all of his heart and made me feel so special yesterday.  (His gift to me was a shopping spree while he watches Brody- ahhh that man knows my heart..ha!) I hope all you ladies (moms, grandmothers, friends, aunts, teachers, etc who love on kids) had a happy mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment