I am so thankful for the service of all of our troops that protect our country and freedom everyday. Danny was pumped explaining the "Delta" to me yesterday and about how they were pretty much the "baddest dudes" as he put it in the military. (Little does he know that I knew all about that because of course I watch Army Wives and that is why Pamela left Chase because of his love for Delta....I digress).
Anyway, I am thankful that Osama Bin Laden can no longer take away lives of innocent people and I do believe that the action of our troops was 100% justified, but I cannot rejoice in his death because I doubt that he ever came to know Jesus as his savior. Of all the comments I read on Facebook yesterday, my favorite was from Mrs. Durham (my high school chorus teacher- but any of us who had her know that she was much more to us than a teacher). She wrote: "I'm glad that Bin Laden is dead. In God's eyes, my sins are just as punishable as Bin Laden's. Bin Laden will spend eternity in hell. I believe I have been made right with God because of what Jesus did. That's the only difference between the two of us."
"Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?" Ezekiel 33:11


No comments:
Post a Comment