Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Couple of Firsts and Two Important Meetings

This week started out pretty slow with a lazy, rainy day at home on Monday.  Brody really liked sitting in front of our glass door and watching the rain come down. It was the first time he had actually seen rain and payed attention to it.  I love watching him experience all of his "firsts."  That night, Danny came home and built our first fire of the season. Brody was so intrigued by the light and sound of it.  He watched it for a long time at first and then would get mesmerized again at different times during the evening.

We were both going a little stir crazy by Tuesday so even though the weather wasn't great, we headed down to Town Center Mall for Brody to see Santa and get his picture made.  I really debated on waiting until Danny could go with us, but I wanted Brody to be in a good mood and the weekend line to see Santa probably would not help accomplish that.  When we got there, we were the only ones there and the lady taking the picture took so much time with us.  I got my perfect Santa picture in his super cute outfit from www.bamasugarbabies.com.  Emmily is very talented and makes the cutest outfits at great prices--I digress... Anyway, the picture is so cute and I really want to share it, but I am saving it as surprise, so you'll just have to wait for your Christmas card to arrive in the mail.

As if meeting Santa wasn't enough excitement in one week for a four month old, today he got to meet his Mommy's favorite all time band- Third Day! I grew up listening to their music and attended several of their concerts in high school with my friends.  The band made an appearance today at Ingles in conjunction with Hosea's Feed the Hungry food drive. We took some food to help a great cause and got to meet all the members of the band.  They were all so sweet to Brody and took turns holding him.  Their manager even videotaped Mac, the lead singer, playing with Brody.  Such a little rock star already! Here he is with Mac- I don't think he shares quite the amount of love for Third Day that I do, but he will one day soon because he already listens to them all the time in my car.

We are looking forward to a fun weekend ahead with family and friends celebrating Thanksgiving and Brody's baby dedication.  Pray that Danny's surgery goes well on Friday and he can join in the festivities with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment